$17, $28, $35, $38, $45, $48 and $55 5G Mobile Plans - Discontinued
From 15 November 2023 the $17, $28, $35, $38, $45, $48 Mobile Plans and the $55 5G Mobile Plan will be been discontinued.
- This means that they will longer available online or for recharge via My ALDImobile or the ALDImobile app for new customers.
- Existing customers on these plans can continue to recharge on their plans on an ongoing basis. If this changes, we will let you know in advance.
- Existing customers who move from those plans to another plan cannot return to these discontinued plans in future.
- $17 Mobile Plan Starter Packs will still be available in ALDI stores for a limited period of time, while stocks lasts,. Customers who purchase one of these starter packs and use the voucher code before its expiry will be able to access the $17 Mobile Plan and will be treated as an existing $17 Mobile Plan for future recharges. If you move to a different plan you will not be able to switch back to it.
Plan inclusions for these plans remain as they are, apart from MMS to Australian numbers, (including video MMS) which will increase to 2,000 for the first recharge from 15 November 2023.
Note that 5G is only available on 5G plans accessed via a 5G-compatible device and in areas with 5G coverage. Telstra’s 3G Network will close end of June 2024. After this date, you'll need a 4G device with VoLTE calling capability to stay connected to our network. Speed caps apply to all of our plans.
This FAQ provides information about this change and how it will affect you.
Q: Can I still recharge with the $17, $28, $35, $38, $45, $48 Mobile Plans and the $55 5G Mobile Plan after 15 November 2023?
A: After 15 November 2023, these plans will no longer be available online to new customers or as a recharge option to customers not already on these plans within the My ALDImobile portal or mobile app.
Q: The $17 Mobile Plan starter pack is in an ALDI store. Can I still purchase this?
A: The $17 Mobile Plan Starter Packs will be available in ALDI stores for a limited period of time while stocks lasts. Customers who purchase these starter packs and use the voucher code before its expiry will be able to access the $17 Mobile Plan and will be treated as an existing $17 Mobile Plan for future recharges.
Q: What happens if I am currently on one of these plans?
A: Existing services on these plans will be handled as follows:
- If you have Auto Recharge set to ON, we will continue to automatically charge your account with the same plan on your next recharge. If your Auto Recharge fails we will send you a SMS to let you know you need to take action.
- If you have Auto Recharge set to OFF, you will need to continue to select a new plan option using our portal or mobile app for your next recharge. The plan will continue to show while it remains as your last recharge however if you move away from this plan in future you will not be able to return to it.
Q: How many MMS will I receive per recharge?
A: Prior to 15 November 2023 these plans included 1,000 MMS (including video MMS) per recharge. On your first recharge from 15 November 2023 these plans will include 2,000 MMS (including video MMS) per recharge
Q: What happens to my Data Rollover balance?
A: Your unused data will continue to rollover when you renew the same plan within 24 hours of your previous plan's expiry.
Your data will also rollover if within 24 hours of your previous plan's expiry, you move to a mobile plan of a higher value.
If you move to a plan of a lower value, a different plan group (for example, a Special Buy plan) or recharge more than 24 after your previous plan's expiry, your data will not rollover.
Q: What if I have a Mobile Plan recharge voucher for one of these plans that's still valid?
A: If you have an unused recharge voucher for a discontinued plan that not yet expired, you can still use it and receive the benefits of that plan. You will be treated as an existing customer of that plan for future recharges, unless you move to a different plan, at which point you will not be able to switch back to it.